[erlang-questions] Erlang release management

Christophe Romain christophe.romain@REDACTED
Mon Oct 1 10:45:51 CEST 2007

distributed updates is a planed feature for CEAN 1.4.
that's why i said "should". handling release tarballs should also be
doable.

by now, cean:upgrade just installs and reloads new version of code on
the local node.
in next version it will run on a set of nodes.
in that stage, it is certainly not suited enough for production live
systems with loop and state data (the application is not aware of
code change, we just tell erlang to purge the old code)

for that reason, concerning live code upgrade i have no good solution
by now.
  - if applying only on local node we may just call
AppModule:code_change (if exists)
  - if applying on cluster, it may be possible to shut-down one node,
upgrade code, restart-node. (in that case one must use a start/stop
script). then do it again and again, for each node.

Eric, may sinan be able, at build stage, to generate some kind of
generic code reload mecanism developer can plug its application loop
on ?