[erlang-questions] Forget Erlang on the Java VM. More language on the Erlang VM are needed!

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 11:31:41 CET 2007

mats cronqvist skrev:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 16:23 +0100, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:
>> Joel Reymont skrev:
>>> You can have this without porting Erlang to Mono, just write 'ei'
>>> for Mono.
>> I personally doubt that performance would be sufficient for a GUI-
>> intensive app.
>
>   i disagree. using gtknode, i can write 10,000 rows to a TreeView
> widget with reasonable performance (a few seconds).
>   i'm sure the same (or at least close to it) could be done with Mono.
>   there are of course other good reasons not to use Mono (e.g. microsoft
> patents.)
>
>   mats

It could well be, and your experience with gtknode is of course far
greater than mine. (:

I based my assumption on some example applications I've seen, where
I thought that drawing several different widgets in a window was
observably slow. I didn't study the phenomenon in detail, though.

I'd be pleased as punch if I turn out to be wrong on this.

BR,
Ulf W