[erlang-questions] Forget Erlang on the Java VM. More language on the Erlang VM are needed!

mats cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 11:23:16 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 16:23 +0100, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:
> Joel Reymont skrev:
> > You can have this without porting Erlang to Mono, just write 'ei'
> > for Mono.
>
> I personally doubt that performance would be sufficient for a GUI-
> intensive app.

  i disagree. using gtknode, i can write 10,000 rows to a TreeView
widget with reasonable performance (a few seconds).
  i'm sure the same (or at least close to it) could be done with Mono.
  there are of course other good reasons not to use Mono (e.g. microsoft
patents.)

  mats