[erlang-questions] idea: ml9 (sort of) in the erlang shell

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Nov 14 09:27:28 CET 2007

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Nov 14, 2007 8:38 AM, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:
>> The metaprogramming suggestion seemed well thought out.
>> I will take the time to study it more carefully, but
>> for this particular problem, I thought that the syntax
>> didn't quite fit. Otherwise, I agree that much is similar.
>
> Syntax is almost as much a religion as the choice of programming
> language or development environment. :-) I still had to choose
> something in order to be able to show some examples. My only
> requirement is that syntax for the most used cases should be almost
> invisible.

Oh, I feel the need to clarify my previous post: I meant that
for *my* particular problem (extending the shell), the syntax
didn't quite fit. I do think it fits well when embedded in code,
and, as you may have noticed, I used pretty much the same
syntax for my output filters. (:

BR,
Ulf W