[erlang-questions] QUestions about erlang

mats cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 15:51:39 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 14:50 +0100, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> El 06/11/2007, a las 14:27, Christian S escribió:

> >> - What about graphical interface for the apps? and web frontend?
> >
> > You can create desktop guis using the 'gs' application which is back
> > ended in Tcl/Tk. This will not impress anyone. There is 'gtknode', a
> > c-node, a way for erlang to communicate with a c program running GTK+
> > to exchange events. I dont have experience with it, but it seems great
> > and you can build the GUI part in Glade.
>
> interesting. Some documentation about this?

  and there are some examples, but documentation is sorely lacking.

  but it's pretty simple if you are used to glade; you just give the
signal handler as "erl". when the signal is triggered the erlang process
will receive a message. the widgets are represented as erlang processes
with registered names (in the c-node), so you send GTK primitives as
messages.

 the code is here;
http://code.google.com/p/gtknode/

  mats