[erlang-questions] Mnesia is overloaded

Peter K Chan <>
Fri Nov 2 16:22:12 CET 2007

Did you, by chance, hibernate your computer or put it to sleep?

I usually see consecutive warning messages from mnesia after I put my
laptop to sleep.

In any case, you can search the archive for past discussion on this, but
I think the general idea is that this is just a warning and you can
ignore it.

[mailto:] On Behalf Of Daniel
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 6:48 AM
To: erlang-questions
Subject: [erlang-questions] Mnesia is overloaded

Hi erlang list,

            On 31-Oct-2007::11:10:39 I've started my application. No
writes or reads application is doing yet although mnesia is started.

()1> mnesia:info().

---> Processes holding locks <---

---> Processes waiting for locks <---

---> Participant transactions <---

---> Coordinator transactions <---

---> Uncertain transactions <---

---> Active tables <---

schema         : with 1        records occupying 390      words of mem

===> System info in version "4.3.5", debug level = none <===

opt_disc. Directory "/Users/daniello/work/ex-erlang/mnesia_schema" is

use fallback at restart = false

running db nodes   = ['']

stopped db nodes   = []

master node tables = []

remote             = []

ram_copies         = []

disc_copies        = [schema]

disc_only_copies   = []

[{'',disc_copies}] = [schema]

2 transactions committed, 0 aborted, 0 restarted, 0 logged to disc

0 held locks, 0 in queue; 0 local transactions, 0 remote

0 transactions waits for other nodes: []

On 1-Nov-2007::09:52:14 lots of warnings appeared in log. It was 330
identical messages (yes time too):

=ERROR REPORT==== 1-Nov-2007::09:52:14 ===

Mnesia(''): ** WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded: {dump_log,

=ERROR REPORT==== 1-Nov-2007::09:52:14 ===

Mnesia(''): ** WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded: {dump_log,

Since then no other messages were written to the log (Current time is

Any ideas on this issue? Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Kwiecinski