[erlang-questions] beginner: Looking for info on hot code updates

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Thu Nov 1 12:57:42 CET 2007

I think I read about the mechanism in Concurrent Programming in Erlang
  http://www.erlang.org/download/erlang-book-part1.pdf

And as far as I understand "everyone" that use code upgrading
practically do so by basing every process on OTP behaviors. See the
code_switch callback in a gen_server for example. The gen_server
elects to be notified of a new version of the behavioral module, so it
can code switch to it. All you have to do is to write the code that
transform the old data structures to the new version.