[erlang-questions] Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

Jordan Wilberding diginux@REDACTED
Thu May 24 15:58:32 CEST 2007

KatolaZ wrote:

> But the real mess is that the behaviour changes depending on WHEN you
> excecute that code. In fact, as reported in our previous mail, if you
> launch the original test:test() (that without timer:sleep() in proc2)
> as the first function after starting erl, it hangs up and never
> returns. On the other hand, if you first try to execute the
> test:test() with timer:sleep() and then you remove the timer:sleep()
> and recompile, it WORKS.  And if you start again erl to run it, it
> DOES NOT WORK.

I think this is because you are using register, which registers those
processes globally. As far as I know, those remain active throughout the
life of the shell.

Thanks!
Jordan Wilberding