[erlang-questions] How small could an Erlang emulator be?

ok ok@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 00:10:59 CET 2007

On 14 Mar 2007, at 10:55 pm, Matthias Lang wrote:

 > At the risk of guessing wrong, maybe you're thinking of Robert
 > Tjärnström and his ECOMP thingamibob.

That's it.  In 2001 it was "Almost Ready".  All a web search can find
since
then is a trickle of "whatever happened" messages.

It is sad that it apparently never came to fruition.  If I want a
free interesting
processor design to look at, I've got to look at SPARC or OpenRISC
1200 instead.
What's even sadder is how little information was ever published.
I've never even
seen an explanation of why work on ECOMP stopped (or even whether it
did stop).