[erlang-questions] How small could an Erlang emulator be?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 10:55:33 CET 2007

ok writes:

 > I have several times mentioned that there was someone
 > actually at Ericsson (I have visited him in his office) who
 > was trying to develop  an Erlang 'standard cell' for ASICs,
 > part of which necessarily involved  designing a new
 > VM precisely for a tiny environment.

 > Surely there is somebody on this mailing list who KNOWS what
 > happened to the Erlang standard cell project and could at least ask
 > the guy who was working on it to comment?  Bjarne, are you there?
 > Joe, are you there?  Anyone?

At the risk of guessing wrong, maybe you're thinking of Robert
Tjärnström and his ECOMP thingamibob.

Here a recent mailing list post by someone who appears to have looked
at ECOMP. I suspect the poster doesn't know more about it than you, though:

  http://erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200507/msg00458.html

You can find some slides about ECOMP by asking google "ECOMP Robert
Tjärnström".

Matthias