[erlang-questions] wxWidgets for erlang (again)

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Fri Jun 29 15:10:37 CEST 2007

Dmitrii 'Mamut' Dimandt wrote:
> Dan Gudmundsson wrote:
>> I'm sure it contains a lot of bugs, since I've haven't had the time to
>> do a lot of testing. But the basic framework is in place it needs
>> testing and developers/development.
>>
> Well, wow :)
>
> It doesn't _all_ work for me, but still - wow :)
>
> For "image" and "bgl" test only window frames are created. Any action
> (like mouse movement or menu selections or whatever) result in "Couldn't
> send event!" after process crashes with
> "{undef,[{gl,viewport,[0,0,296,296]}..."
>
> I haven't looked  into the code to see what exactly is the problem.

bgl and image tests requires opengl..
If libGL.so can't be loaded every gl call will result in an undef..
Opengl-extensions not available on your gfx-card will also result in an
undef.

> In sudoku there's a weirder problem :) When I try to open or save a
> file, it crashes with:
>
> /usr/share/mime/inode/directory.xml:1: parser error : Extra content at
> the end of the document
>

> ^
>
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.5.5/bin/beam.smp:
> free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0869bd68 ***
>

> :)
>
> The future, however, looks promising :)

I have seen strange crashes in the file dialog on a FC-6 linux/gtk but
havn't been able to debug it.
It crashes far down in gtk (in libxml if I remember correctly), even if
I just make all the calls directly in the driver. I don't know if some
lib in emulator messes with something in gtk or if there is a pointer
problem somewhere (probably) but it's strange I have only seen it with
the gtk native file dialog, it worked when I used the generic file dialog.

/Dan