[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000 (was: language changes, fresh start)

Tom Samplonius tom@REDACTED
Thu Jun 21 01:34:34 CEST 2007

----- "Torbjorn Tornkvist" <tobbe@REDACTED> wrote:
> FYI:
> I just read his article describing the work with Python 3000,
> which apparently will break backward compatibility in order
> to fix any flaws, etc...
>
> http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=208549

  And unfortunately, the Python 3000 project has turned into a playground for CS types with too much time to play around with various theories.

  Guido van Rossum, has waded into the Python 3000 quagmire recently, and declared that Python 3000 will never be complete, unless the scope can be settled.  Python 3000 will almost certainly fail to ship, unless Guido reigns in this group.

  But if anyone is serious about a Erlang 3000 effort, setup a new mailing list.  Just take a look at the many strenuously argued, but ultimately pointless points on the Python 3000 mailing list.  We don't need that on erlang-questions.

Tom