[erlang-questions] Integration testing in Erlang

gordon guthrie gordonguthrie@REDACTED
Thu Jun 14 13:16:28 CEST 2007

Kirill

Depends on the sort of tests you want to write.

The Erlang Test Server will allow you to write as complex system tests as you want. It runs through a set of suite and test set-up routines, you execute your tests and it tears down your environment.

Typically I create a new db schema, load it with test data, start an application (or applications) and then execute tests against the known environment - depending on the product.

For large web apps you can use Tsung to record and script the http input and run regression tests, or you can use it as a 'white noise' tester and fire a million random inputs in and then look for crash reports (both work for me) .

Gordon