[erlang-questions] ODBC low level question: Use of sockets by port

Wed Jun 13 14:59:31 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 10:58:16AM +0200, Mickaël Rémond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently troubleshoting ODBC low level connection problems.
> We are seeing case, when under high load the odbc:connect function is
> returning einval.
> It very likely comes from the gen_tcp accept code.
> Do you see any reason this code should fail ? Initial connection to
> the database is working fine. It happens on reconnect.
>
> I am still investigating on this but I would like to get your
> feedback if you have any idea why it can happen.

Nope.

It seems as a fresh listen socket fed to gen_tcp:accept()
makes it return einval. Very strange.

Are you out of file descriptors for your process?
Does it help to increase that limit (ulimit -n, perhaps)?