[erlang-questions] A new backend for Mnesia

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Jun 4 10:50:07 CEST 2007

Folks,

I would like to write a new backend for Mnesia, for a centralized
hashtable-like high-latency store that does not support transactions
or locking. I'm not at liberty to disclose more.

I figure it would be easier to piggyback on Mnesia than try to roll
transactions and locking of my own. I'm thinking of creating a new
table type for Mnesia and I know this has been done before for BDB.

I have two questions:

1) How easy would it be to make Mnesia only push the data to the
backend store on the Mnesia node that received the write request?

This would be akin to designating the rest of the nodes as ram-only,
I guess, except at write time.

2) Where in the Mnesia code should I look to make it happen?

3) Is Mnesia actually a good fit for such a project?

I have a week to figure all this out but I figure I would ask anyway.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://topdog.cc      - EasyLanguage to C# translator
http://wagerlabs.com  - Blog