[erlang-questions] Using system's zlib

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Fri Jul 6 09:04:11 CEST 2007

Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> Gaspar Chilingarov <nm@REDACTED>:
>
>> Christian Faulhammer wrote:
>>> is there an easy way to avoid building against erlang's internal
>>> zlib so  the one from the system is used?  If not, could a simple
>>> way be added?
>> AFAIK no, because erlang's zlib is heavily patched :)
>
>  Doh.  I don't really like that...is there any chance that one day
> erlang can use vanilla zlib?  How heavy are the patches?  Could zlib
> upstream integrate them?
>
> V-Li

at current moment erlang uses zlib v. 1.2.3, which is the latest
according to zlib's official site.

About patches -- it took me about 1-2 day to merge in new version of
zlib to erlang sources :)

In other hand -- what's the reason to include system zlib, if now it's
shipped with latest version of zlib?

/Gaspar

--
Gaspar Chilingarov