[erlang-questions] CEAN 1.3 is out

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla@REDACTED
Thu Jul 5 13:09:59 CEST 2007

On 7/4/07, Christophe Romain <christophe.romain@REDACTED> wrote:

> done for CEAN 1.3:

Hi. I just installed cean-otp_R11B_linux-amd64.tar.gz, for the first time.
There are a couple of glitches... first of all,
the start.sh script doesn't work on amd64, but that's fixed easily by making
the arch detection thing
output amd64 instead of x86. I.e.

arch() {
    case `uname -m` in
    i[3456]86) echo x86 ;;
    i86pc) echo x86 ;;
    x86) echo x86 ;;
    x86_64) echo x86  ;; # amd64

Change that last line. I suppose you knew about this already, given the
comment.

The next weird thing concerns upgrades inside the shell. For example:
vegai@REDACTED:~/cean/R11B$ ./start.sh
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.4 [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.5.4  (abort with ^G)
1> cean:upgrade(os_mon).
+ os_mon md5=<<23,146,73,183,178,80,252,187,133,113,44,5,178,69,231,100>>
ok
2> cean:upgrade(os_mon).
+ os_mon md5=<<23,146,73,183,178,80,252,187,133,113,44,5,178,69,231,100>>
ok
3> cean:upgrade(cean).
cean: no newer package available
ok

Am I reading this right? Shouldn't os_mon be properly upgraded after the
first command, and
shouldn't therefore the second command output "os_mon: no newer package
available"? What does
cean:upgrade/1 actually do, or should do?

--vk

fixed most of pending issues
> live upgrade is now working with local version checking (many thanks
> to Bengt Kleberg)
> compiler added in developper version, and add erlang/include/<lib>
> symlinks
> packages upgrade, and some packages added
> added armeb port (thanks to Brian Zhou)
> R11B-4 upgrade for linux for all architectures
> R11B-5 upgrade for MacOSX,Linux-x86,Windows,SunOS
> packaged Erlang/OTP for 18 platforms
> packaged standalone application archives (without any configuration)
> better yaws integration (thanks to Bogdan Marinescu)
> better erlyweb integration (thanks to Matthew Elder)
> improved dependencies
> runtime_tools added into base archive
>
> future version of cean will focus on package improvement,
> configuration integration.
> as package upgrade is working, packages will be upgraded more often.
> patch provided by users will be applyable very quickly.
> yaws will work "as this" using a default repository. erlyweb as well.
> applications such as wings will also be working.
>
> a matrix showing actual packages status is available here
> http://cean.process-one.net/matrix/
> it will be upgraded as packages status will be well known.
> the idea is to make CEAN integrate automatic package testing to flag
> packages as OK or ERROR
>
> todo for CEAN 1.4:
> packages bugfixes and upgrade
> include ssh for cluster deployment
> code server patch (kernel/src/code_server.erl) for remote code loading
> version checking in dependency handler
>

> any questions or comment ?

--vk