[erlang-questions] xmerl still slow?

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Wed Jan 31 20:51:51 CET 2007

okay but I stand by my statement then, because if 5 seconds is wrong
then if you are using xmerl and it takes 5 times longer than some
other parser that takes only one second then it implies that one
second of parsing is wrong as well, if we go by your original
statement that a difference of five times being important implies that
you shouldn't be using xml. you see,

There must be a high end of how long it takes to parse something that
you consider acceptable, and it is highly likely that five times
longer than that high end is considered unacceptable.

However if that is the case then there can be a situation where
something is unacceptable with Xmerl and acceptable with another
parser, I suppose that we differ in that I think this difference will
come up quite a bit and you think it will only exist so few times as
to be negligible.

cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen