[erlang-questions] Programming question

Samuel Rivas samuelrivas@REDACTED
Fri Jan 26 11:50:10 CET 2007

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:
> Yes, this is one of the problems with the old
> catch/throw, which were eminently documented in
> Richard Carlsson's et al paper on Erlang's Exception Handling Revisited

  Ya. I started using try/catch some time ago, but I usually stumble
upon OTP, Either because of the famous "tagged returns VS exceptions" or
because of gotchas with the standard behaviours. We have developed a
custom supervisor and a library wrapping gen_server usage to avoid some
issues. I guess it is difficult to fix preserving backwards
compatibility, maybe it is worth developing a second generation of
behaviours ...

  Regards
--
	Samuel