[erlang-questions] Erlang in Debian on m68k architecture

Sergei Golovan sgolovan@REDACTED
Thu Jan 25 15:29:48 CET 2007

On 1/25/07, Roman Zippel <zippel@REDACTED> wrote:
> It's aligned, but unfortunately not as much as erlang liked.
> Unfortunately that's also a very common error source in quite a few
> packages, which then only fail on m68k.

We've found GCC option -malign-int for m68k. Citing from the manual:
       -malign-int
       -mno-align-int
           Control whether GCC aligns "int", "long", "long long", "float",
           "double", and "long double" variables on a 32-bit boundary
           (-malign-int) or a 16-bit boundary (-mno-align-int).  Aligning
           variables on 32-bit boundaries produces code that runs somewhat
           faster on processors with 32-bit busses at the expense of more mem-
           ory.

           Warning: if you use the -malign-int switch, GCC will align struc-
           tures containing the above types  differently than most published
           application binary interface specifications for the m68k.

 Can the issue with alignment of the structure be resolved using this
option? Or this option isn't recommended to use?

--
Sergei Golovan