[erlang-questions] lists:reverse/1 as a built-in function

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Jan 25 08:57:00 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/24/07, Christian S <chsu79@REDACTED> wrote:
> Right now we do not have actual module objects, we only have names for
> them. The alternative you represent would mean that the module name
> "foo" could refer to different modules (or no module at all) when
> called as Mod:fun() from other modules.

Just a pedantic pointer: even today, if you use for example
lists:reverse(L) you can't be sure if it is the stdlib lists module,
because the system's code path may contain another lists.beam before
the stdlib one...

Of course, in practice this doesn't happen, but it's not imposed by
the system or the compiler, just by discipline and best practices.

best regards,
Vlad