[erlang-questions] lists:reverse/1 as a built-in function

Robert Baruch autophile@REDACTED
Thu Jan 18 23:39:27 CET 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Robert Virding wrote:

> I agree with 1 & 3 but I am a bit dubious about 2...

> Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
>> Just because something is a core part of the language doesn't mean I
>> always want it.  I believe that

>> (3) Imitating Java and especially imitating Java's inside-out
>> packages
>>     is a Bad Thing.

Maybe I stepped into a holy war. I've been working with Java since
1.1 (which is, like, *forever* in Internet time!) and the package
naming and resolution scheme has never confused me. Without having
any point to address other than "Java sucks", though, I guess that
means I won't bother anymore with advocating a Java-like solution :/

--Rob