[erlang-questions] odbc:param_query works in window ?

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Mon Jan 8 11:07:49 CET 2007

Hi!

In your particular case it looks like the driver does not support
parameterized queries, not all drivers do!

However there is still a problem with the released
windows version where all data was "inserted into"/"selected from" the
database but something broke during the
process of returning the answer to Erlang.  Just before Christmas I
though I found a pointer error causing this but
on second thought I was mistaken in what was actually  caused the
problem.  There seems to be a possibility of this
being a windows compiler problem. (We have a pretty old windows
compiler).  The latest not yet released version of
odbc tries to works around this and seems to works well on windows, but
I am not totally convinced that the potential compiler problem is the
real cause. We just added some new test platforms for the odbc
application and
though it is running well on most platforms there are some of the new
unixplatforms where there
seems to be a problem.  So  until I can verify what the problem is there
potential could
still be a nasty pointer error somewhere so the hunt continues...

Ingela - OTP team