[erlang-questions] R11B-2 SMP + HiPE: not loading native code

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu Jan 4 11:23:12 CET 2007

Serge Aleynikov wrote:
> Is there any way to hint erlc (via command line) to use SMP-enabled beam?
>
> I was only able to do it like this:
>
> $ export ERLC_EMULATOR="erl -smp"
> $ erlc +native test.erl
>
> whereas "erlc +smp +native test.erl" doesn't use the SMP BEAM.

Both "erl" and "erlc" are scripts that call the corresponding
executables depending on the command line switches.

I guess the best solution to this problem is that the "erlc" script
should accept the same switches as "erl".  In particular, it should
accept the "-smp" and "-hybrid" switches.

Let's hope that the OTP folks are kind enough to do this change.

Kostis