[erlang-questions] erl -s and erlang program distribution

Fernando Ipar fipar@REDACTED
Wed Feb 14 20:36:11 CET 2007

Hello all, thanks for all the replies.
Some of them were private, but I'm writing this to the list for
documentation purposes.

I was using erlc for compilation.
It was working fine until now, meaning that I could invoke functions
after erlc modulename.erl

However, this time I had to follow Joe's suggestion and compile from the
shell using c(modulename).

After this, the command line invocation that works for me is:

$ erl -noshell -s mysqlha -s init stop

I got to this after playing around with different suggestions from many
people.

Do I always have to compile modules from the shell?.
So far, I've been using a Makefile with erlc, but _perhaps_ this wasn't
working before and the
times I was successful in function invocation those modules were already
compiled from the shell (I'm
still too new with erlang, and I have a baby in the house so I'm not
getting all the sleep I need :) )

Thanks for the help, it's working the way I wanted now, I just wish I
could build this from outside the shell.

Regards,

Fernando.

--
Fernando Ipar - Director