[erlang-questions] Announce: Erlang DTrace project proposal at OpenSolaris.org

G Bulmer gbulmer@REDACTED
Sat Dec 22 23:40:48 CET 2007

Pat

Thank you for your encouragement.

On 22 Dec 2007, at 20:40, pat eyler wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2007 1:15 PM, G Bulmer <gbulmer@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Tim Becker and I have initiated a project to implement Erlang DTrace.
>> We've been setting things up for a week or more.
>
> This looks very cool.  One suggestion that I'd make is that people
> look
> at supporting system tap in parallel.

The only developers right now are Tim and me, unless you join too ;-)

Speaking personally, I would prefer to focus on one target at a time.
I assume the parts of erts which are modified to support DTrace will
be the same for System tap, so it should be straightforward to follow
along behind and do System tap afterwards.

> (System tap is a DTrace-like system being developed for Linux, ....)
I'm not going to get into this comparison :-)

Garry