[erlang-questions] Erlang resumes?

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Sat Dec 22 01:12:25 CET 2007

On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 10:46:09PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2007, at 8:36 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > I suspect that there _are_ erlang devs in the US/Canada area who are
> > competent and would love the chance to work from home with awesome
> > hardware and develop a large scale Erlang service.
>
> I have a hunch that there aren't many available and experienced Erlang
> developers in the US/Canada at the moment. Maybe the training courses
> given by Pragmatic Programmers will change that.

I'm not sure how many of us there are, but we exist :-)

-Rick

P.S. I've written a number of systems (still in production) over the years,
     all requiring 24x7 uptime. Many of these systems I've maintained (fixed
     bugs, added features) without ever taking offline. I couldn't even imagine
     how much harder my job would be without Erlang at this point. Many, many
     thanks to those of you who made it possible.