[erlang-questions] How to track down R12B stability problems under Windows?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Dec 19 16:34:03 CET 2007

Hi,

We have identified the cause of your problem.
There is a bug (on all platforms) which comes to effect during
the following circumstances:

You have an Erlang module containing calls to the new guard-BIF's
byte_size/1 or bit_size/1.
You perform tracing on that module (eprof uses tracing)
You reload that module (the c/1 function usually used to compile
from the shell also performs a load of the module if it compiled
successfully and
it is during that load you get the crash.

We found the bug ourselves before you reported your problems and
the bug is corrected in the latest snapshots available.

We are also planning to make snapshots of the prebuilt binary Windows
installation (including debug symbols). (Will happen real soon, within
weeks)

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team , Ericsson AB