[erlang-questions] idea: endianess in interoperability tutorials

Samuel Rivas samuelrivas@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 22:29:28 CET 2007

Lev Walkin wrote:
> There is no problem with endianness in that code. Perhaps
> you meant something more involving than that?

Yup! You are right. I was somewhat thick when I read that code. I should have
checked that it failed in a big-endian machine.

I found other true problems with code that was moving bytes back and forth
assuming little endianness and I automatically mapped it to the tutorial
code. Even I was skeptic about that code were wrong I thought that it might be a
forgotten piece of code waiting to crash something ... I was obviously wrong.

Disregard my previous mail, sorry for the noise.

Cheers
--
	Samuel