[erlang-questions] How to track down R12B stability problems under Windows?

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 18:49:54 CET 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 10:10 AM, Kenneth Lundin <kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Have you built it your self or are you using the binary that we deliver.

Pre-built binary.

> Is it running the SMP version or the non SMP version of the VM ?
> SMP is automatically started on a dual core processor.

Whatever the default is.  I'm using a P4: single-core but
hyperthreaded.  I'll try disabling SMP and see how that goes.

> When you installed did you then install the VC++ runtime lib that we
> provided or do you have you own.

I used whatever the Erlang installer sets up.  I didn't do anything
special.  Is there an option to force a specific VC++ runtime lib?

> If you have Visual C++ we can send you a binary with PDB files so you can
> locate the crash in the debugger.
>
> Or you can dump with the debugger and  send the data to us for analyze.

I have Visual C++, so I can do this, but sounds like I'd probably need
to build from scratch.  How do I "dump with the debugger"?

James