[erlang-questions] clarify: are EEPs also for libraries and also for the OTP team?

Dominic Williams erlang@REDACTED
Wed Dec 12 00:31:23 CET 2007

Hi,

The recent EEP suggestion for a gen_stream made me wonder
whether EEP's were intended to be used for the language only
or also for libraries. EEP 1 says: "describing a new feature
for Erlang or its processes or environment", and "The final
implementation must include test code and documentation
appropriate for either the Erlang language reference or the
standard library reference", but there have not been any
previous EEPs for the libraries.

I also am under the impression that the OTP team is making
many additions and changes to the language and libraries
(most of them great, that's besides the point) without going
through EEPs. I attended the EUC'06 meeting which initiated
EEP's, and seem to remember that the intention was for the
OTP team to use the same process, to gather community
feedback before introducing changes.

Regards,

Dominic Williams
http://dominicwilliams.net