[erlang-questions] Erlang HTTP client is not so fault, tollerant...

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Tue Dec 11 17:49:01 CET 2007

> [built-in http vs ibrowse
> > I found the built-in http client had problems (as of R10B) when
> > interacting with various versions of IIS. I can't remember now if it was
> > the client's or the server's fault, but I do remember wanting to be able
> > to work around the problem by forcing the client to use HTTP v1.0
> > instead of v1.1.
>
> > I think the hard-coded HTTP version number in the built-in client was
> > the only reason I switched to ibrowse.

Well the inets client has never claimed to be anything else than a
HTTP/1.1 client.
But we can add an option for the client to act as lesser version client
that
that could be a nice feature.

Regards Ingela - OTP team