[erlang-questions] benchmarks game harsh criticism

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Dec 7 13:48:49 CET 2007

greetings,

as for losing audience i hope that my suggestion at the start of this
discussion (''do not read this'') was followed by as many as possible.
having experienced isaac some 2-3 years ago (that time was much worse
since i was unprepared) i expected something like this and thus offered
the warning.

taking this from the mail list is a good idea in theory.

it was my first reaction when things turned ugly all those years ago.
unfortunately isaac took the private email i sent him, chopped it into
little pieces, removing things like explanations, smilies, etc. he then
posted these pieces as straw man arguments on the mail list. using his
normal acerbic tone, he proceeded smashing them to dust.

i sent another private email explaining that he had hurt me, asking him
to stop doing such things, and giving me an apology. his (private)
answer was much more brutal than his mail list postings, the point being
that his act was not illegal and he would never apologise. finally he
wrote that we should never send private email to each other again.

so in practice i am not taking this off-line even though it would be a
nice thing for this list.

bengt

Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not
    patentable in whatever manner it may be presented in the claims."