[erlang-questions] : Why can't I reply or post to this list?

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Thu Dec 6 13:32:18 CET 2007

Thanks for the testing mails.

It seems that since Google has gone Beta with Google Mail all new addresses
will be in the googlemail.com domain, but there is an alias with gmail.com.

How can you know what your "root mail" address is? Go to Settings -> Account
and there you can see under "Send mail as" if you have a googlemail.com or
gmail.com address.

The tricky part is that you can live happily for a long time handing out
gmail.com as you mail address suffix, but the minute you start having fun
with mailling lists that checks if you are subscribed before it lets you
post you run into the problem.

The funny thing is that most people talk about GMail not Google mail so the
rebranding Google is trying to get in place is not quite working out as they
hoped.

Cheers,
Torben