[erlang-questions] : Erlang/OTP R12B-0 has been released

Thu Dec 6 09:54:36 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 12:45:05PM +0100, Andreas Hillqvist wrote:
> Why not provide torrents for Erlang/OTP releases.
> Wouldn't that speed up downloads, decrease load and increase availability?

We have never heard (or have forgotten) there was any particular problem
with download speed and availability, so we did not make the effort.
Also, to improve on download speed there has to be many seeders,
and since Erlang/OTP is still rather unwidespread, perhaps it
would not give that much. We have about 500..2000 downloads
per month per Windows and Source release (latest).
I do not know if that qualifies for torrent downloads.

We would also want our own tracker - does that decrease availability?
And convince our security department we need to run a torrent source
(and that we swear to not provide anything inappropriate).

But if there is a real and genuine interest we probably can do it.