[erlang-questions] Erlang for GPUs

Dan Moniz dnm@REDACTED
Wed Dec 5 13:17:38 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:10:31 -0600, mog <mogorman@REDACTED> wrote:

>On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 19:58 +0100, dfeustel@REDACTED wrote:
>> Are there any Erlang Compilers that generate code for
>> upcoming GPUs from Nvidia and ATI?
>No.
>
>however there was ecomp, http://www.erlang.se/euc/00/processor.ppt ,
>which was a erlang vm for an fpga, however, it was never released to the
>public :(, i think we should continue to poll ericcson and erlang team
>to release it.  Please!!!

Interesting find Mog! Thanks for the link to the PowerPoint
presentation. I had recently been thinking about Erlang and hardware
designs, so this is a welcome discovery.

Kenneth, Bjorn, Joe, or Robert:

Are either of the authors of the presentation (Peter Lundell and Robert
Tjarnstrom) still at Ericsson? Does anyone know what became of this
work, and if, as Mog suggests, there's any chance of having it see the
light of day? I'm particularly interested in the VHDL implementation and
testbench mentioned in the PowerPoint presentation, but documentation,
attendant Erlang prototype code, notes, etc. would also be very welcome.

--
Dan Moniz <dnm@REDACTED> [http://pobox.com/~dnm/]