[erlang-questions] Game of Erlang life [was: Load testing in parallel]

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Wed Aug 15 13:18:26 CEST 2007

As far as the implementation of the game is concerned - why use
multi-dimensional arrays?  Follow Joe's idea of Concurrency Oriented
Programming and treat live cells as processes that are linked to
neighbors.  Then they can exchange messages, mate, and when a process
would die all neighboring ones would know about it.  This is a bit
different approach then using a shared array with a single flow of
control, and I am sure it'll be fun.

Regards,

Serge