[erlang-questions] Mnesia and Yaws

Jim Menard jim.menard@REDACTED
Tue Aug 7 16:04:39 CEST 2007

On 8/6/07, I  wrote:
[snip]
> What do I have to do in Yaws to connect to the same database? Have I
> missed something in the Yaws or Mnesia documentation? The Yaws docs
> about yapps mentions Mnesia---do I have to create a Yaws app to use
> Mnesia?

Here's what I've learned: You don't need yapp to access mnesia but
yaws needs to know about mnesia. You turn this on by using
'--mnesiadir full-path-to-mnesia-directory' (but that only works when
yaws is running as a daemon).

Or, you have to connect to the yaws (erl)runtime and create a schema/
start mnesia. PS! If you started yaws with -sname and cookie you can
connect to it like any other erlang runtime :)

Finally, the simplest way to do this is to run yaws from the command
line and start mnesia from within the yaws session.

Thanks to Primanathan Reddy, t ty, Andy Gross, Chandru, and Ludovic
Coquelle for their help.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm@REDACTED, jim.menard@REDACTED