[erlang-questions] inets for web services?

Toby Thain toby@REDACTED
Sat Apr 28 00:50:47 CEST 2007

On 26-Apr-07, at 2:14 AM, Tom Samplonius wrote:

>   I need to build a very simple web service (REST), as part of a
> simple async messaging server.  However, using inets seems to be a
> bit of challenge.  It is a full blown web server, and the
> documentation is pretty dense.  Is there better documentation than:
>
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/inets/part_frame.html
>
> ?
>
> The first problem, I found is "Modules" is a required directive
> (which is not mentioned).  And "BindAddress *" is not only not the
> default, or it does not work on FreeBSD, as I had to explicitly
> define the IP.
>
>   Is there any documentation on a minimal inets config for a web
> service?  It looks like I need a minimum, of a inets.config,
> httpd.conf, and a mime.types file too.

Perhaps this may help: http://telegraphics.com.au/svn/ettt/trunk (an
instance is running at http://ettt.smartgames.ca:8080/)

It's a simple REST-like web app, but with a bias towards supporting
browser as client. In particular it includes minimal configuration
for inets, yaws, and pico (see README for how-to).

--Toby