[erlang-questions] Any more recent version of Joe's "PerformanceMeasurements of Threads in Java and Processes in Erlang"

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Apr 23 16:53:21 CEST 2007

The "Cheap Concurrency" benchmark at
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=message&lang
=all

is pretty close to what Joe had, except it stops at
3000 threads, IIRC because going higher would break
too many language implementations (it used to be 500
threads, but I guess things have improved. See e.g.
http://erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200512/msg00060.html)

You can play with the shootout page, and make
comparisons between different languages. The
following view compares Erlang with JDK and
Scala (Java-based) and Python (since there
was another slot).

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/fulldata.php?test=message&p1=er
lang-2&p2=java-2&p3=scala-0&p4=python-0

BR,