[erlang-questions] Sorting of lists

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Apr 20 10:58:32 CEST 2007

On 19/04/07, Anders Nygren <anders.nygren@REDACTED> wrote:

> The libraries are Your best friends, spend some (actually ALOT) of
> time reading the
> library documentation, there are lots of useful stuff there.

I agree. Last night I implemented base64 encoding/decoding in ibrowse
itself because I didn't want it to depend on the inets application
just for that functionality. I compared the performance of my code
with the OTP code and mine was about 5 times slower :(

I then peeked at the implementation in httpd_util and got some good
ideas from there (ok, a few lines of code as well). The OTP guys are
very clever :)

cheers
Chandru

PS: I know that this functionality has been moved to stdlib in R11B-4.
I wanted ibrowse to work with older versions of erlang as well.