[erlang-questions] Tracing frameworks

Lennart Öhman Lennart.Ohman@REDACTED
Fri Apr 13 10:54:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

I believe dbg will always be there for the expert programmer
knowing his/her trace commands.

Inviso replaces trace tool builder in combination with dbg and
is far (too) more advanced.
It is still however in version 0 release. I am working on it
as "we speak". The equivalent to trace tool builder is comming
soon as an add on on-top of inviso, making it possible to
build an inviso adaptation for your system.

I do also actually have an inofficial not yet ready GS based
gui interface to inviso, meant to be a desktop tool for the
programmer not on speaking terms with dbg. It is to be seen
when that tool is released however.

Best Regards

Lennart

(And then not to mention all new interesting problems comming
when running SMP... :-)

Lennart Ohman                   phone   : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjöland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Hälsingegatan 43, 10 tr         fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-113 31 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED