[erlang-questions] inets service startup

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Fri Apr 13 09:14:26 CEST 2007

[...]
> I was poking around through inets code, and there turns out to be an
> option in httpd.erl for starting httpd service by hooking it up to a
> custom supervisor (httpd:start_link/1).  This seems to solve the second
> problem I had of being able to separate a critical httpd service from
> the other ones managed by inets.

Well yes there is such an option,  starting it this way however will
make the http-server part
of your application instead of the inets application and you can for
instance no longer utilize soft upgrade for the inets application.

Regards Ingela