[erlang-questions] uncomment in erlang-mode in emacs

June Kim juneaftn@REDACTED
Sat Apr 7 17:13:44 CEST 2007

I use VIM extensively excep when programming in Erlang. Actually, it
is first time for me to seriously using emacs.

C-c C-c comments the selected region in erlang-mode. It works all
right. However, uncomment, which is C-c C-u, doesn't work properly.

Say, the selected region is:

a() ->
    case b() of
	1->
	    ok;
	_ ->
	    error
    end.

Now I C-c C-c:

%% a() ->
%%     case b() of
%% 	1->
%% 	    ok;
%% 	_ ->
%% 	    error
%%     end.

I select the region again and C-c C-u:

% a() ->
%     case b() of
% 	1->
% 	    ok;
% 	_ ->
% 	    error
%     end.

Oops. There are %s remaining at the start of each line. I do the C-c
C-u again in the same region:

 a() ->
     case b() of
 	1->
 	    ok;
 	_ ->
 	    error
     end.

Oops, again. There are blanks remaining at the start of each line.

What's wrong? How are other people commenting and uncommenting their
elrang code in emacs?