[erlang-questions] Mnesia questions

Göran Båge goran.bage@REDACTED
Fri Sep 29 15:13:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a couple of mnesia questions. The background is that I'm
implementing a mechanism to recover a database that has been
partitioned and then reconnected. To be able to recover, all
relevant table events are recorded to file locally.

When a table is recovered I want to lock the table for other
modifications. This is no problem if the recovery is done in one
transaction, but the number of recorded events may be large
so it might be wise to do it in chunks, one transaction per
chunk. So now to my questions:

1. What is a reasonable upper limit of number of table update
events for one transaction?

2. Is it possible to lock a table outside transactions and if so
how is it unlocked?

3. Any other advice or pointers? I guess this recovery problem has
been addressed by others.

PS. We are still running R9C.

Regards
--