[erlang-questions] Proxy authentication with inets

Michael McDaniel erlangX@REDACTED
Fri Sep 22 16:43:20 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:19:34AM -0400, Serge Aleynikov wrote:
> Though I haven't tried it, would the following work for the hostname?
>
> "username:password@REDACTED"
>

> Serge
>
> Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:
> > Documentation show that http:set_options/1 allows only the following for
> > proxy:
> >
> > {proxy, {HostName, Port}} where HostName = string(), Port = integer().
> >
> > How can I force inets into accepting a username and a password for the
> > proxy as well? If it is at all possible, of course.
> >
> > Thank you

 Or (also untested) perhaps the proxy will accept and pass
 the HTML Authorization header ?

  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/HTRQ_Headers.html

 I do something like the following in one application ...

-------
 case (catch http:request(post,
  {"https://" ++ ServerName ,
    [
     {"Date", httpd_util:rfc1123_date()} ,
     {"Host", ServerName} ,
     {"REALM",  "blah"} ,
     {"API_VERSION", "ver:5.1"} ,
     {"Authorization", "Basic " ++ http_base_64:encode(UPW)} ,
     {"Accept", "text/xml/html"},
     {"User-Agent",  "custom blah client"}
    ] ,
     "text/xml; charset=utf-8" ,
     Body
   } ,
   [{keepalive, false}, {nodelay,true}] ,
   [])) of

       {ok, Result}    ->
                      {ok, Result} ;

       {error, Reason} ->

             ... etc. etc.
-------

 The application server (ServerName) in this case interprets the
 Authorization information.

 I am guessing the proxy (in original question) would pass the
 headers through (though, as mentioned, I have not tested this).

~M