[erlang-questions] mnesia:dirty_update_counter and replicated tables

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu Sep 21 09:10:22 CEST 2006

There hasn't been any discussion of mnesia:dirty_update_counter here
in quite a while.

Looking through my archive, I didn't find a definite answer.  Is
mnesia:dirty_update_counter safe to use when the underlying 'set'
table is replicated?  If I use mnesia:dirty_update_counter on the same
counter on two different Mnesia nodes, would I ever be unpleasantly
surprised?

The flow seems to go through the transaction manager, which bodes well
for multi-node safety?  Umrfl, it's too late to be reading Mnesia
code.  It will be a good learning exercise to continue my reading, but
in the meantime ... is there a quick'ish answer from a kind soul?

Or will a tormenting soul tell me to use tracing and the 'dbg' module
to trace the path for myself?  :-)

-Scott