[erlang-questions] Sexp front end for Erlang?

Peter Mechlenborg peter@REDACTED
Tue Oct 17 14:54:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the list, but I hope that I'm not too far off topic.

At the company I work for, we have recently started implementing a
domain specific language with an Erlang back end and have a prototype
compiler written in Common Lisp.  Instead of generating Erlang source
code directly, the compiler has two phases with an sexp layer in
between, that is, the first phase in the compiler generates sexp's
corresponding to Erlang code, and the second phase generates Erlang
source code from the sexp's.

Currently the sexp layer is very simple, but I was wondering if someone
else has played with the idea of an sexp-based front end for Erlang, or
even made one?  If so I would be very interested to hear more about it.

I tried to google for something like the above, but I did not find anything.

Have fun,

  --  Peter Mechlenborg