[erlang-questions] Packaging for distribution

Claes Wikstrom <>
Thu Oct 12 10:00:43 CEST 2006

Bob Cowdery wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to promote erlang for some commercial work we are doing.
> The sticking point is a lack of any distribution format that could package it as an executable.

The most straightforward is a tailor made shell script which
a) parses your cmdline flags and b) invokes erlang

Possibly together with an install script which sed's
the install dir into a bunch of relevant files

Nothing fancy - but workable

Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control
cellphone: +46 70 2097763