[erlang-questions] Newbie MySQL driver question

Todd Gruben tgruben@REDACTED
Wed Oct 4 18:34:32 CEST 2006

Ok so let me preface this question with the fact that this is my first
erlang application.  I have downloaded the "Re-vamped" mysql driver and have
successully ran the test code connecting to my database.  My eventual goal
is to query a whole cluster of databases via an erlang/web services
interface.  Below is a chunk out of my test module:

log_it(Level,Fmt,Args) ->
    io:format(Fmt,Args).

test() ->

crypto:start(),
io:format("Starting ~n"),

{ok,p1} = mysql_conn:start("127.0.0.1", 7771,"dummy_user", "EASY_PASSWORD",
"dbFIRST_DB",   log_it  ),
 io:format("Phase 1 ~n"),

i get the following message when i try and run test()
=ERROR REPORT==== 4-Oct-2006::11:30:44 ===
Error in process <0.39.0> with exit value:
{function_clause,[{mysql_conn,do_recv,[log_it,<0.40.0
>,undefined]},{mysql_conn,mysql_init,5},{mysql_conn,init,7}]}
I am thinking this is an error in construction of my log_it function.  Any
idea's what I am missing?

thanks